Freelance Radio Episode 5
The fifth episode of Freelance Radio, the official FreelanceSwitch podcast, is hot off the presses! This episode, the panel is full again and we talk about some site news, contract adjustments, Craigslist and more!
You can subscribe on other podcast aggregators by using our podcast feed–it’s simply http://feeds.feedburner.com/FreelanceRadio.
- News from the Site: We talk about some news and happenings at FreelanceSwitch.com.
- Money Matters/Legalese:We talk about how to deal with changes with clients, and how to make those changes work with a contract.
- Word of Mouth: We talk about the holidays, and offer up some advice for freelancers looking to stay in touch with clients over the holidays. Dickie suggests adopting a sheep and Cyan mentions using OxFam to give on behalf of your clients, which Collis mentioned in a recent post.
- Fantastic Forum Post and Mailbag: We discuss the merits and dangers of Craigslist, mention a lawyer review site suggested by a listener and talk generally about managing the financial side of freelancing.
- Freelance Radio Recommends…: Each panelist recommends a freelancing tool. John goes with Jott, a phone transcription/email service. Dickie suggests a subscription to Inc. magazine (http://www.inc.com) and Cyan puts in a vote for Millennium Jazz.
- Outro: This week’s song is by Stephen Joseph and is called Set Me Free from his album Pluto’s Revenge. The song can be obtained by going to http://www.myspace.com/stephenjosephband.
And that’s the fifth episode! If you like it, please feel free to rate it in iTunes or your favorite podcast aggregator (check us out on Digg at http://www.digg.com/podcasts/Freelance_Radio), and don’t forget to email your questions/comments via the Freelance Radio form. If you’d like to record a question/comment or submit an original outro song, you can upload them via this form!