New FSw Job Board
Well folks, as of a few minutes ago the FreelanceSwitch job board is now updated to our new system. Here are the main changes:
To post and view jobs is free, to view contact details for jobs costs $7 p/month
We have moved to a paid system where job applicants need to pay a subscription to get access to contact details. Here are some things to note:
- Subscriptions mean there will be less people applying for jobs
- Keeping Job Posting free means we can continue to list smaller jobs that wouldn’t get listed if they had to pay a listing fee
- At $7 a month, if you get one job out of the board, even a small one the board will have paid for itself for many months to come
- We’re moving away from advertising as the main source of revenue for this site (on December first, most of the ads here are going to disappear), and with this system you’ll be supporting FreelanceSwitch
- By charging subscriptions we can stop outsourcing companies and recruitment companies writing to our job posters
- Every job that appears on the site is reviewed manually (by Cyan) to weed out the ones asking for free pitches or offering absurdly low prices. This is of course a time consuming process reading all the job ads
And of course, it’s always exciting to try something new. Remember you can cancel your subscription at any time through PayPal.
Job Posters now have more controls
When you post a job you can now go back and modify and remove it. This is some much needed functionality which will make life much easier for job posters and hopefully see them coming back more and more!
So there you go, if you notice any bugs or oddities, please let us know, Mathias has tirelessly ironed out most of them, but you never know