LinkSwitch – A Roundup of Great Links Across the Web
Time for a roundup of useful links from across this beast we call the world wide web:
- Chris Yeh at Sitepoint has some practical tips for The Best Practices For Freelance Business. It covers those necessary but unromantic things like salaries and retirement that the average freelancer avoids thinking about!
- I don’t know about you but I always avoided thinking about my finances (or saving) with the excuse that because my cashflow was so varied from month to month that I couldn’t budget effectively. True, it is harder to budget without a regular paycheck but it is possible. I’ll write a post on that soon, but in the meantime read 7 Ways To Take Charge of Your Finances In 2007 at Get Rich Slowly.
- Copyblogger has a great article entitled Do Your Metaphors Rock? Highly recommended reading for writers, and entertaining reading for everyone else.
- It is becoming harder and harder to avoid Skype. I uninstalled it after a week of getting nothing done and vowed to avoid it at all costs. However, recently a lot business contacts have been asking for my Skype address, leading to the decision that next week I will again give in and see if I am disciplined enough to still get anything done. Last 100 has recently conducted a poll to see if Skype could replace their landline for business calls.
- And finally, Some Design Tips For A Productive Home Office over at the always fantastic Lifehack.
If you have a useful link or article that you think FreelanceSwitch readers would be interested in, Send It In!