Linkswitch! 874 Tips… Kinda (Sorta)
Fancy having your reading list sorted for, oh, a few months at least?
The theme of today’s Linkswitch is big posts for freelancers. Only the really giant-sized stuff has made the cut. If you’re hungry for super-sized portions of freelancing goodness, this edition of Linkswitch is a five-course meal.
- 120 Self-Promotion Ideas for Graphic Designers and Freelancers. Any list this big is going to vary in quality (see tip #117: stand on a corner with balloons and a sign) but there are some good ideas to be found here.
- 101 Reasons Freelancers Do It Better. Reasons are sub-divided under time, sticking it to the man, money, relationships, mental health, physical health, motivation, working conditions, flexibility and fun stuff. It’s always kinda nice to read about how good you are.
- 101 Essential Freelancing Resources. You might have seen this one before because, uh, we wrote it, but a list of giant posts just wouldn’t be complete without this FSw classic.
- 101 Ideas to Get More Freelance Work and Generate New Client Leads. Another biggie from the archives.
- 100 Web Apps for Everything You Will Possibly Need. This freelance-centric behemoth is from Codswallop. Not sure it has a web app for everything you will possibly need (where’s the satellite tracker for rogue clients who won’t pay?), but it does come relatively close.
- The 100 Tools Freelancers Can’t Live Without. Mmm… I’m at #1, Panthius, and I’m apparently already dead. I don’t use that at all.
- 50 Ways to Become a Better Designer. Sub-divided under the ideas stage, practice makes perfect, software skills, finishing work and what to avoid.
- 46 Must-Read Productivity Tips for Freelancers. Leo Babauta says you must. read.
- Freelancer’s Toolbox: 30+ Online Freelance Resources. Even Mashable has given freelancers some love.
- Top 30 Tips For Staying Productive and Sane While Working From Home. My tip: do not click the second link after his full stop.
- 26 Things to Do When Business is Slow and in Down-time Mode. Great post, but, one question — where’s Table Tennis Tournament?
- 25 Freelance Tips for Maximizing Your Income. One suggestion is to put the money you’ve set aside for income taxes into a safe investment fund, which I thought was pretty clever.
- 24 Freelancing Tips: The Freelancer’s Alphabet. Some good tips, but #24 is a bit mean. “Don’t read posts like this one.” That’s sort of like ending a book with: “Don’t read this book.” Not so useful.
- 20 Resources for Freelancers. Some cool blog posts and, best of all, pretty pictures.
- The Monster List of Freelancing Job Sites. The perfect way to end this list of monster lists.