SwitchTip: Manage Multiple Facebook Pages with Hootsuite
For some reason, there are many people with multiple facebook pages. Sometimes this is for a business or community group, or a special hobby. For example, perhaps you admin a different fan page for each of the characters for Twilight. In this case, it’s imperative that you make sure that you don’t accidently post something on Edwards’s page that should have gone on Jacob’s page, or else you might risk an epic vampire/werewolf battle royale. And who wants that to happen?
One easy way to do this(manage the facebook page, not the battle royale) is with HootSuite. Not only can you manage your multiple twitter accounts (just in case you’re tweeting as Bella and as Edward), but now you can manage your various Facebook pages.
- Sign into your facebook account
- On another tab, sign into your hootsuite account
- On the hootsuite page, click on the owl at the top left of the page.
- Select settings –> social networks
- Select “Add Social Network”
- Choose Facebook Page
- Click on the button “Connect with Facebook”
- Login to use your Facebook account with Hootsuite
- Choose the pages you want to have visible in Hootsuite
- Click “add to Hootsuite”
- Click x on the screens to get back to the main hootsuite page
- You’re done – good work!
Now you can tweet to your different accounts or add content to your Facebook fan page, all from one website. And what’s nice about this is if you’ve registered your hootsuite account, you can use any computer to see all of your accounts without installing anything. Just sign in, and you’re good to go.
Is there a feature in a program or freelance management tip that you’d like to see shared here? Let us know, and we’ll see if we can make it happen.