Top Freelance Jobs from Job Board – Week 3, February
Looking for a new client? The FreelanceSwitch job board is a great resource of freelance gigs and opportunities. These opportunities are in various fields, from development to writing to design, and come from a wide range of potential clients. The job board is hand-moderated by dedicated staff and volunteers from the freelance community.
Each week, we’ll feature a selection of the best job opportunities posted for the week. This week, we’re featuring jobs in Front End Development, Joomla Module Development, Web Design and more!
Budget: $500 to $1,000
We are in need of a couple of backup PSD to XHTML / HTML 5 / JAVA Developers that work quickly and can turn a detailed PSD UI into a pixel perfect template replica for all modern browsers.
We would like you to match all these items below before sending us an email.
1) You like photoshop and love all it’s layers and complexity but frankly would rather duplicate a good design into beautiful code. You know about layer styles, masks, and stretching vector photoshop objects. You know about the “snap to pixel” attribute for objects and know the difference if your exports are dithered or crisp and not bitmapped.
2) You are great at taking a photoshop file and copying it to the pixel into valid xhtml / css that works “almost exactly the same” in chrome, safari, IE8+, and Firefox.
4) You don’t like bloated code and like the end result to be streamlined.
5) You are professional, work during the day (9-5 contact), and are personal-able and communicative .
6) You don’t mind to work with ministries and non-profits and usually give them a slightly better bargain than regular corporate pricing.
7) You are willing to sign an NDA and non-compete form.
8) You consistently add SEO code during your builds that helps the clients visibility.
9) You communicate easily via email and skype if you have questions or ideas.
10) You are a U.S. Citizen living in the United States (Continental is great)
11) You don’t mind developing content pages, but prefer to do long secondary page template markups that cover all css styles so TriLion or a client can finish content internally .
Budget: $500 to $1,000
We’re looking to develop a basic ‘Vehicle Selector’ module for a client. This needs to be an extension module that will work in Joomla 2.5+. Our client sells parts for vehicles and by using the vehicle selector, online viewers can select their vehicle and then be taken directly to a web page with all the parts available for that vehicle. The three variable parameters that the viewer can select are make, model and year of the vehicle. All the various combinations of these three variables are listed in an Excel spreadsheet. This selector needs to be different from other readily available plugins because we do not need it to run a search query and then display the results on a search page, but it simply takes you directly to a specific web page depending on the vehicle selected. The webpage it takes you to are a vertical stack of modules (all the products for that vehicle, one product per module) that are created by the website administrator in the Joomla back end.
Budget: $1,000 to $2,500
We are looking to hire a freelance web designer. Ideal candidate should have good sense of design aesthetic and stay current on modern design trends. The type of work will vary from email templates, corporate websites, and web applications.
We want someone with good work ethic that is available M-F, preferably during regular work hours in US Pacific time.
Xplore is a subdivision of Essex Television Group, located in Old lyme, CT. We are a design and technology innovator specializing in corporate, museum presentation spaces and exhibits. We strive to combine the strengths of our expertise, experience and innovation to advance the success of our clients.
We are actively seeking candidates for an entry level, freelance-to-hire, digital artist position. Responsibilities include the creation of visual graphic elements and illustrations for digital, print and manual products. Qualified candidates must have a working knowledge of Photoshop and other relevant software. Must be a team player, have traditional art skills and the ability to switch easily between concept art and production art. A degree in related discipline is desired. Experience is a plus.
We are a fast growing nationally branded food company with multiple brands looking for a talented Graphic Designer to join our team. The right candidate will design original packaging, logos, sales sheets, presentations, and other visual material as needed.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: • Work closely with the CMO developing packaging, logos, etc.• Execute design needs for sales and marketing team• Retouching product shots and images as needed• Design marketing materials and presentations• Attend creative meetings as needed• Maintain the feel of the brands in all work executed• Develop new brand designs from concept to completion• Meet tight deadlines and manage multiple projects at once
QUALIFICATIONS:• 3 to 5 years previous experience• Packaging and print design experience• Attention to detail/strong proofreading ability• Collaborative spirit• Retouching/color correction• Great eye for design and original thinker• Must live in the NYC area with ability to commute to Queens office location• An advanced understanding of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and a portfolio that shows projects executed using these tools
Minimum 3 full days a week to start, likely to grow as needed.1 day a week in the office minimum.Pay commiserate with experience.