Every once in a while you need to do freelance work while you’re traveling.
Trying to stay on top of your freelance tasks while on vacation can be stressful, especially if you’re traveling with your partner or family. Trying to find a balance between work and play isn’t easy. It’s important to avoid letting work dominate your holiday time, even when you need to complete assignments while on vacation.
Here are the 9 steps I follow when I’m traveling, but still need to get work done. Continue Reading
If you are reading this, chances are, you’ve already made up your mind that you want to be a copywriter.
However I do have to warn you, it isn’t easy!
Most potential copywriters wish to take up the vocation because they love writing. When you have to write 8 hours per day, 5 days per week, the fun tends to leak out of it. What you’ll actually need is a love of running a business and constantly being a salesman for yourself!
Aside from drive, resilience and inspiration, here are 5 things you need to be a successful copywriter:
- An insatiable curiosity about your fellow human beings, why they behave like they do and why they buy what they buy.
- Understand how people see themselves and view their life and choices.
- A good understanding of the rules of spelling, punctuation and grammar, also the courage to break them when necessary!
- A way with words. You need to be able to weave a story with your words that can intrigue, excite and captivate.
- Research skills – you need to know everything about the products or services you are selling. Being good at desk-research (secondary) and having good interviewing skills are vital for getting to the main issues.
A copywriter is a magical combination of writer, psychology researcher, salesman and marketer. It takes a lot of different skills to make it as a copywriter, but if you have those skills you are quite a step ahead of the majority of copywriter-wannabes. Continue Reading